The Sands of Nag Hammadi

david-bates-89412_1280

Image by David Bates on Pixabay

In 1945 thirteen leather-bound papyrus codices were found at Nag Hammadi, Egypt, believed buried after 367 when St Athanasius declared anathema such non-canonical books.

Today, all but a few of the 52 treatises recovered are known as the Gnostic Gospels. Anathema or not, these ancient writings confirmed my own experience of spiritual-gnosis.

52 words, written for Sammi’s Weekend Challenge

This entry was posted in History, Mostly Micro and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to The Sands of Nag Hammadi

You go girl! I could not for the life of me fluidly put that word to use. U nailed it! Nice job!!

I have to admit that for me, eggplant is anathema.
    But that’s a loose, informal use of the term. I admit I do not claim eggplant is accursed of God.
    Well, at least not until I become one.
    I’m still waiting.

I was going to try for a clever comeback, but, no, said to myself, β€œCrispina owned me on that one. Just admit it, Brian. Sometimes you just can’t top the other person.”

This is unusual, though, Brian. You have to admit it. πŸ™‚

• Brian Bixby says:

Clearly, I have passed my mental peak, and am on the way to becoming a drooling, demented old man.

Or else maybe you were just clever.

I am occasionally clever. Besides, I think I might be totally through that CFS?ME stuff now, and maybe my brain has fully (?) recovered from the encephalitis. Though I think not that cos I get horribly forgetful. But that could be age, stirring its nasty gnarly old fingers into my brain. If I cat it, I tell you, I’ll thrash it.
        And I would not consider you any place near to being a drooling, demented old man. Not yet. Though we all are born to age … if we’re so fortunate to live so long.