A Light Amid Dark

“I’m selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.”

Marilyn Monroe

“I devotedly believe that the essence of my being – my spirit – is not truly a part of the universe, it is a part of Chaos. My spirit is a fragment of the Hidden God beyond the nutshell we call the cosmos; thus being trapped in a human body is only a prison in my eyes.”

Vexior 218

Vexior 218 is a Swedish writer of Old Norse religion and mythology; the dark goddesses (Gullveig, Lilith, Hecate); runology; and Chaos-Gnosticism.

Marilyn Munroe needs no explanation.

This post is in an answer to 3-2-1 Quote Me Challenge which was started at TeleportingWeena. I was tagged by Susan Zutautas at Susan’s Place to take part in this challenge.

Here’s how it works:

Thank the selector:  My thanks to you, Susan. I don’t often accept tags, but this one looked a fun challenge to do.

Post 2 quotes for the challenge of the day (above, A Light Amid Dark)

Select 3 bloggers to take part in this challenge.

My choices are:

Dale

Sammi Cox

Padre

Your mission if you choose to play along is listed above.

This entry was posted in On Writing, Thoughts and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to A Light Amid Dark

1. Thank’s for taking part. Love your quotes!

Wonderful quotes! Ho now! How can I possibly refuse?

3. Pingback: 3-2-1 Quote Me Challenge – Expression | A Dalectable Life

4. Excellent quotes. I have always loved that one by Marilyn Monroe and I’ll be adding Vexior to my collection.

Well if you’re looking for his books, good luck. I would very much like to read, but cannot trace a copy

• Oh that just stinks! Ain’t it always the way, somehow true wisdom get lost along the way. I’m going to keep searching though. 😉

Today I located a copy of both his books. Abe Books (UK), one sells for £200, the other for £290. Don’t know about you, but that’s beyond my budget. Just gonna have to get it from British Library. Could be a long wait.

• Oooooh way out of my budget. I’ll start searching libraries it’s good to have a quest though. 😉

Well, I have now ordered to through the library. Perhaps I’ll get it this century 🙂 I shall still keep an eye out in secondhand shops and thrift shops. I wouldn’t mind betting the book shop in Glastonbury would have it. If the shop is still there (a few years since I’ve been, by which I mean town, not festival). I keep saying I shall return. Such a good vibe there.
        Anyway, I wish you well in your search. Keep me informed. 🙂

• I sure will. I enjoy browsing used book stores, flea markets and antique shops so much more when I have something in mind to quest for. I must try to visit Glastonbury when next I visit England. I love the Amesbury and Salisbury area and it looks not too far away. (yeah, yeah I know Stonehenge pilgrim, that’s me).

As a happy hiker, the south of England has always appealed for its manageable hills (I live in Norfolk where hills, though steep, more resemble pimples) so the entire area has been much visited. One year we stayed at the Backpackers Hostel in Glastonbury. That was fantastic. But not so easy to get to the ‘stones’ by public transport. We found that easiest the year we stayed at Devices, even though we had a 2 mile hike uphill to catch a bus. But if you’re driving, no problem.

• A few years ago, Hubs and I walked from the Holiday Inn in Amesbury to Stonehenge. We were told that public transport wouldn’t be running due to Easter Monday (turned out not to be true) so we hiked it. It was enough of a hike to qualify as a “Pilgrimage” in my book, but it was awesome. Some lovely locals directed us through the Kings Barrows and along the causeway alleged to have brought the stones to their current site. I was totally worth the nearly 20 km of walking involved. Such a wonderful adventure.

That was a good walk, and in such an interesting area. I walked from Stonehenge to Durrington Walls and Woodhenge via the Curcus. All places that particularly interested me. That was a great holiday.
        BTW: email yesterday from library. No British lending library has the said book. However, I found 2 sites with FREE pdf downloads. I get nervous of these, so easy to download a virus along with the pdf. So at the moment I’m in hesitation mode. But here are the links if you’re interested. https://www.scribd.com/doc/136009437/Pan-Paradox#
        Let me know how you get on. Are they worth the download? What’d you think?