Sunday Picture Post: Fluttering By

While I usually feature flowers, recently East Anglia has enjoyed what I call Butterfly Weather. See how they settle with wings outstretched to soak up the sun, an invitation to my camera.

Comma butterfly

The Comma: 16th May 2019

This little beastie inconveniently settled upside down. No problem. I rotated the image. But that leaf was bang-centre of a patch of nettles, so I couldn’t get close.

Speckled Wood butterfly

Speckled Wood butterfly: 23rd April 2019

The Speckled Wood has to be one of the best-camouflaged butterflies. I only spotted this one when it alighted upon the bright green leaf.

This entry was posted in Photos and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Sunday Picture Post: Fluttering By

1. I adore butterflies and this post!

I thank you, Susan.
      Alas, I can only post a few of Friday’s huge number of butterfly photos for the dratted things wouldn’t keep still. Though a wonderful display of Brimstones courting and mating, all I got was a blur, though behind the blur the grass was razor sharp.

Beautiful! I’m glad at least these two stayed still long enough for you to capture them on film. And yes, that speckled one has good camouflage for those woods!

Butterflies are always a joy to spot. One landed on me once to my shock and everyone around me at the time LOL Great photo’s!

4. When you mentioned that you normally photograph flowers and are doing butterflies today, I started thinking about the textural similarities between petals and butterfly wings. There’s a common beauty between them, I think.

5. Either way, it feels cruel, so I try to avoid it.

Absolutely lovely, Crispina!

My pleasure. I speak true

8. mabelfrancis says:

Beautiful capture 😍

9. Tien Skye says:

Ooh, lovely butterfly! That’s a beautiful shot!