CCC#25: Rosie Sitting by the Brook

Girl on Bank CCC25

Crimson’s Creative Challenge 25

Rosie sitting by the brook
Feet in water, head in book,
Isn’t worried in the least
All-absorbed in a fictional feast
Doesn’t hear the stalking beast
Rosie too late turns to look
Comes the killer with a reaping-hook

This entry was posted in Crimson's Creative Challenge and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

66 Responses to CCC#25: Rosie Sitting by the Brook

For once you’re more horrible than me. I was expecting something simply pastoral. Based on personal experience?

2. She seems like me, head in book but that was too tragic…

3. A different twist on the end that I wasn’t expecting but I really like your poem.

Ouch! lol Just lost my desire to sit by Brooks 😊

5. Nice rhyme, I didn’t realise it was Lizzie Bawden’s mother sitting there.

You are so cruel… never gonna get today’s “Yutes” to read if they have to fear 😉

7. That turned dark fast! Had a good time with my double-take at the first mention of the beast.

Just my style! ooo I love this one! I just got wifi up here and I will be posting but can’t catch up with all the prompts I’ve saved the challenge picture here and hope to use it!

9. Jessica says:

Goosebumps! So short but exciting. I felt the pain between my shoulder blades!

10. Indira says:

She looks vulnerable, still, I feel sorry for her. Nicely written.

11. Pingback: #CCC #25 Stepping Stones | ShiftnShake

12. Ooh this is deliciously creepy Crispina, from a carefree, jaunty start to that killer last couple of lines.