Too Old

image by StockSnaps on pixabay

My hair grew grey; I dyed it purple.

Yikes, my daughter spluttered, you’re too old for that.

No, I’m not. I’m vintage.

written for Sammi’s Weekend Writing Prompt

This entry was posted in Mostly Micro and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

72 Responses to Too Old

1. Chris Hall says:

Brilliant! Getting my grey covered again tomorrow. Tempted. 😉

2. Kim Smyth says:

Purple is us old gal’s color! 😉

3. I started going grey when I was 18…

4. Sadje says:

Good one 👍

I have toyed with the idea of tinting my gray violet….. Who knows maybe someday I will..

Ha ha ha! I love it!!

I don’t know what to say, except purple is a vintage colour. So congratulations! I wish I had the tenacity as I am Vintage as well.:)

8. I love this Crispina! For I too am not old but vintage! 😀 ❤

9. I like my gray hair but if I wanted to die it purple I would no matter what anyone said 🙂

10. A wonderful piece! 🙂

Vintage, I love it! As soon as I retire, I’m going purple too. Or maybe green. Or maybe before I retire. 😀

12. When I was in my mid-twenties, I had purple hair and loved it. I’ve also had dark rich red, dark blue and blue-black that shimmered in the light. I love pink hair, and bright blue, but unfortunately, these colours wouldn’t suit me at all…

Cyber purple sounds fantastic! 🙂

• I look at it this way: since my early twenties I haven’t worn make-up. Allergies. So instead of painting my face, I’ve always… sculptured, coloured and variously trimmed by hair. Except over recent years I’ve kinda quietened. But now… yay! Cyber Purple. Crispina’s back in town … 🙂
      And dark blue … oh, that sounds good.

13. Haha! Great response – I’ll remember that one for future use!

• You know, I saw an elderly lady today and super-loved her hair. At first glance it looked like white fluff, couldn’t have been more than 2 inches all over. But the roots were deep purple, fading into palest mauve as it moved into that fluffiness. Loved it. Want it. But until mine goes naturally white, no hope. Put bleach near my hair, it bursts into copper wire.

I doubt I have the coloring that could sustain purple hair. But, then, I am not you. I suspect we’re both happy about that arrangement, since if I were you, who would you be?

Just got back from the family reunion to find my sister’s gone the other way, decided to be a natural gray for a while. Hope she likes it better than her natural color when she was younger.

• I’m trying to imagine you with purple hair. No, I’d say not.
      And welcome back from the west. Just in time for the fall temperatures to *fall* cold. 🙂

• Brian Bixby says:

That’s exactly what happened to us. It was summer when we left, but the weather has been distinctly cool since we returned.

• Well, pull out your winter warmers, cos September forecast for the Eastern and Middle (grain-growing) states is for coooooling temperatures, overnight shaaaaaaaaaarp frosts and even snow by 21st September.
        How does this balmy UK-dwelling person know this? Cos I’m interested in how solar activity impacts of Earth’s climate, and therefore watch the relevant channels on YouTube, which being American-made feature mostly American weather, which also happens to be more extreme than anything we experience to the east of the pond. (I have a quirky theory there but it requires me to believe in the Book, which I don’t)

• Brian Bixby says:

Hah! Well, there isn’t that much grain grown in Massachusetts; we lost that competition to the Midwest before 1850. There have been many attempts to revive it, most recently by “buy local” and high-end organic programs. Who knows, with climate change we might yet be back in the running. Not a possibility to look forward to, though, as it would require devastation in the Midwest.

• It never rains … 🙂

15. Exactly! These days, I have heard many tell my mom what suits her age and all, but I am stubborn that way, she should wear anything she likes to!

16. I agree and I am sure that purple looks amazing on you! We should just be free with what we want, I am trying to follow this though of course not going too far😂