Crimson’s Creative Challenge #37

#CCC37

Welcome to my weekly challenge—open to all—just for FUN, FUN, FUN

Here’s how it works:

Every Wednesday I post a photo (this week it’s that one above.)
You respond with something CREATIVE

Here are some suggestions:

• An answering photo
  • A cartoon
  • A joke
  • A caption
  • An anecdote
  • A short story (flash fiction)
  • A poem
  • A newly minted proverb, adage or saying
  • An essay
  • A song—the lyrics or the performance

You have plenty of scope and only two criteria:

• Your creative offering is indeed yours
  • Your writing is kept to 150 words or less

If you post a link in the comments section of this post I’ll be able to find it
If you include Crimson’s Creative Challenge as a heading, WP Search will find it (theory)
by ‘Searching’ in the WP Reader (fingers crossed)

Here’s wishing you inspirational explosions. And FUN.

This entry was posted in Crimson's Creative Challenge, Photos and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

75 Responses to Crimson’s Creative Challenge #37

1. Pingback: Crimson’s Creative Challenge: Tale of a Snail | Den of Dreams

2. Pingback: Day at the Seashore | Susan's Place

Report: . . . For reasons not well-understood, some members of the dominant species, which ironically honors itself with the designation “sapient,” develop a rod-like extension to their upper limbs, which terminated in a bowl-shaped covering oriented downward. K’rau-n’tosi hypothesized that the creatures did it to avoid contact with water, albeit the creatures require water and sometimes engage in ritual immersions in it. The deathblow to their ludicrous theory was struck when the creatures were observed using even larger such extensions on bright sunny days while idling near ground-level bodies of water.

Why only some of the creatures develop these extensions, and even detach them from their bodies, remains obscure. We think it likely that it is a subordinate class of the creatures who do so, as some creatures with these extensions are observed holding them over others without.

Might it be a socially-charged behaviour? A means of carving one’s niche in the social heirarchy? Or attracting a mate? Or … I only reference the usual explanations for the quirky little understood behavour of this species. Religious beliefs and rituals cannot be wheeled out to explain every tiny thing.

• Brian Bixby says:

It’s possible it reflects a religious divide within the species, a possibility consistent with he species’ primitive state. There definitely seems to be a tribe of sun worshippers who do not use these extensions near bodies of water. While others are occasional conformists, sometimes using them, sometimes not. There even appears to be a strict observance group of some kind, which fears the sun god is associated with demons, including the infamous Mellanomah and seeks to banish their influence with precious ointments bought for extravagant prices at “convenience stores” (a euphemism, disguising the exploitative nature of the establishments) and “concession stands” (which, conversely, accurately reflects the diminished status of the patrons of those establishments).

Ah, now that does seem likely. But while it answers the situation regards waterside displays, it hardly answers the use of these erectile devices in times of climate-induced micro deluges.

• Brian Bixby says:

What defies any reasonable explanation is not just the stochastic use of these erectile devices in micro-deluges, but how the probability of their use declines to almost zero when the micro-deluge is in crystalline form.

While it is indeed far too easy to resort to religious and ritual explanations, the highly irrational semantics and syntax of their most common languages (yes, languages, I told you they were primitive) seems to admit of no other possible explanation.

You mention languages, and I wonder if a clue might be gleaned from their word for these devices. Though I understand there are two such words. One, if I am adviced correctly, is formed upon their word for shadow. The other upon their word for a protective item. Might it be the one is used as protection from the fierce solar rays, and the other to give them shade from the waters? This is but a tentative suggestion, fully unworthy of publication.

• Brian Bixby says:

Really, Cr’sp-na-ka-ma-pa, I expected better of you. Next thing, you’ll be telling me that hot is cold, wet is dry, and the Queen is one of us. Clearly, you have spent too much time disguised as one of these creatures. You need to review your place in the nine worlds to recollect what you really are.

Brinjo, you take my breath, leave me no words, how to defend against your accusation. It cannot be sustained, you know it. Falsley brought. I wonder at your motives. Is it, perhaps, that you have acquired for our illustrious, acquatic leader a renewal of the contract to supply … these erectile devices?

• Brian Bixby says:

YOU DARE ADDRESS ME BY NAME WITHOUT MY HONORIFIC??? And you hide behind some sort of charge of profiteering, as if that were not normal among us! I have forwarded your ill-considered communication to the Grand Moodle of Modalities and her secretary, the Trichinosis of Trinity. They will deal with you as you DESERVE!

They will deal with me not at all, Mimble Minor Moodle Brinjo! For first they must find me, and the trail of distortions left behind me will efficiently lead them astray. Goodbye.

• Dale says:

Ah yes… not all use these extensions. As a result, some of them look like worn-out leather handbags…

• Dale says:

Oh, Em. Gee… I came back to read the rest of this exchange and my sides hurt from laughing. You guys could be a comedy duet.

4. Pingback: The Serve and Protect | Padre's Ramblings

5. arthurhofn says:

Just a short poem so I’ll leave it here:

The world is warm
    I come here to cool
    But others do the same
    So I have to build these walls

arthurhofn.home.blog

6. Pingback: Crimson’s Creative Challenge #37 A Day at the Beach. | Morpethroad

7. Pingback: Senryu: Umbrella | The Dark Netizen

8. Pingback: Noting The Future | Blogternator

9. Pingback: Crimson’s Creative Challenge #37 | From the Window Seat

10. Pingback: The Golden Hour – Invictus

11. Pingback: “Oh! Dear!” for Crimson’s Creative Challenge #37 July 25 2019 – Jen Goldie – A little this, a little that, some real and some imaginings.

12. Pingback: Beach Rules… | awisewomansjourney

I know, I know, there is no late… but here I am on a Friday evening…

14. I wrote my response from my Words on a Page blog, I think the problem is that it links to my Keto blog somehow. I’ll try to fix it and resubmit my poem. 😊

15. Pingback: Beach Day #CCC | The Story Files