Sunday Picture Post: Honeysuckle

Woodbine, aka Honeysuckle aka Lonicera periclymenum opens its flowers … and I couldn’t decide which shot to use. All photos taken 16th May 2019

Honeysuckle

honeysuckle

Honeysuckle

This entry was posted in Photos and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Sunday Picture Post: Honeysuckle

All so gorgeous and I like the second one with the dandelion fluff looking like sparkles.

For some reason I like the simplicity of the top one. It’s so clear and shows the different stages of the flower. Yup I like the first one best. 😊

What a weirdly gorgeous flower that is; it looks almost alien (but in a good way). I especially like the first photo, but the others are great shots too!

I think that third shot especially looks weird, which is why I included it. And really strong colour for British flora. But a photo doesn’t capture the smell. As others have commented, it does smell divine

Just thinking about it, I can conjure the smell, mmmm. Although my memory may be affected by these little white flowers on bushes that are currently blooming around here. Similar strong sweet smell.

Perhaps it’s the universal smell of spring. Tantalising honey-smells to tempt the honey bees in.

I’ve looked up photos, and you know how terrible I am at identifying plants, but I think it might be Asian Jasmine. The university has planted it all over the grounds for landscaping (including near my apartment) and the smell is amazing.

Mmm, I had a potted version a few years back but after the first season it didn’t flower again. That is a divine smell, truly. Yet the honeysuckle does smell similar.