Crimson’s Creative Post #40

CCC40

Welcome to my weekly challenge—open to all—just for FUN, FUN, FUN

Here’s how it works:

Every Wednesday I post a photo (this week it’s that one above.)
You respond with something CREATIVE

Here are some suggestions:

• An answering photo
  • A cartoon
  • A joke
  • A caption
  • An anecdote
  • A short story (flash fiction)
  • A poem
  • A newly minted proverb, adage or saying
  • An essay
  • A song—the lyrics or the performance

You have plenty of scope and only two criteria:

• Your creative offering is indeed yours
  • Your writing is kept to 150 words or less

If you post a link in the comments section of this post I’ll be able to find it
If you include Crimson’s Creative Challenge as a heading, WP Search will find it (theory)
by ‘Searching’ in the WP Reader (fingers crossed)

Here’s wishing you inspirational explosions. And FUN.

This entry was posted in Crimson's Creative Challenge and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

84 Responses to Crimson’s Creative Post #40

1. Six words:

In fact, a stairway to heaven.

2. Just a very quick dit, sung to the tune of a playground favourite that incorporated potatoes and fists in my day at http://bobfairfield.org/2019/08/14/crimsons-creative-post-40/

Ms Avery clinched it! I’ll have to try shaking that off! Her lines belong in the caption. It is a beautifully peaceful photo 🙂 Lovely Crispina

4. Pingback: The Rustling | Blogternator

5. The Gamers had left the dungeon behind and were beginning a new adventure full of Ents and Elves. Yes, this forest quest was going to be on a whole ‘nother level.

6. Pingback: Stairs | Susan's Place

7. Didn’t know where I was going with this one till the last sentence. Oh, and I hadn’t seen D’s comment before I wrote mine.

There was a city here once, they say. Famous throughout the four worlds, it was host to kings and merchant princes, artists and authors, craftsmen and crooks. Why its doom came, none could say. People were struck down in the streets, in their homes, as they slept, as they fled. None survived who was not unscathed. And none would ever return.

So ill-omened was the city that none dared speak its name, and so it has been lost to time. The vultures and jackals claimed the dead, the buildings crumbled, grasses and trees grew up in the streets.

Now all that is left is one set of stairs, curiously preserved, at the edge of a forest.

Do you dare attempt them?

9. Pingback: Wholeness | awisewomansjourney

You know I love this one.,. I, too

11. Pingback: Crimson’s Creative Post #40 – The Steps of ‘History’. | Morpethroad

12. Pingback: Crimson’s Creative Challenge: The Forgotten Trail | Den of Dreams

13. Well, this week, Tatsuya wanted to take part… He wanted to be a little different, something between poem and a prose, so he came up with a verse. I hope you like it…

14. Pingback: Steps – Crimson’s Creative Challenge #40 | A Dalectable Life

15. Pingback: Up Or Down | Na'ama Yehuda

16. Oh! This fantabulous photo didn’t hesitate to take me on a little rhyme-along … (with a dash of, well, life lessons…) 🙂
    Na’ama

17. Pingback: The Yellow Brick Road? – Christine's Collection

18. Pingback: Lost #CCC | The Story Files

19. Pingback: “Oh yes! Very” for Crimson’s Creative #40 A Nancy and Joan Story ©J.E.Goldie Aug. 17 2019 – Jen Goldie – A little this, a little that, some real and some imaginings.

20. Pingback: The Stairs | Thru Violet's Lentz

Well this infernal new computer allowed me to post after several aborted tries but now I’m stuck in update mode again… I certainly hope this is the end.. I have never had this much trouble with a computer before…. I had to hack away at this piece and I’m afraid I lost it’s feel…..

Came across more scary than anyone I married. I did marry some scary ones.
      As to update, Windows has just done a massive download.

• Violet Lentz says:

They must have done something evil as I can’t even load a page!

How good are you at sussing your IT problems? Can you access Google or Edge and type your problem, see if others have experienced similar? That’s always my first call. My next is my friendly repair man. I understand that may not be so easy for you. Otherwise, wherever you bought the laptop. My best 3 solutions. I feel for you, truly.

• Violet Lentz says:

I have been stuck at getting window ready don’t turn off your computer for half an hour. I fear the worst. I’m moving into Fairbanks in a month, if this thing dies I’ll have to wait till I’m there to iron it out. I’m heartbroken…

That update took about four hours on mine. I kid you know. Though it downloaded without me knowing, I went to shut down for the night and got told not to turn off. That was at 10 pm. At 1:30 am it was still doing it. At 3:00 am when I checked again, it was finished.
        Patience. Though I do think they could warn you how long it would take.

22. Pingback: Human | Prats Corner

23. Pingback: CCC#40: The Gateway (flash fiction) – joanne the geek

24. Pingback: From Here to There – The Dream continued (Lyr #40) | Sammi Cox

25. Enchanting photo, Crispina. I can imagine all sorts of magical happenings taking place here 🙂