The Proposal CCC2

Yea? When?

‘For our honeymoon.’

Is that a proposal?

He nodded.

We’ll fly?

He shook his head.

By train, then; via the Chunnel?

He shook his head. ‘By boat.’

Yea? The ferry? From Harwich?

He shook his head again and grinned. ‘In my dingy.’

I looked at the flimsy boat, moored next to my father’s.

Nah. No way, mate.

What, to cross the North Sea in that?

This entry was posted in Crimson's Creative Challenge, Mostly Micro and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to The Proposal CCC2

That would be a “no” for me too… I’m all for adventure, but…

Just as well I’m guessing. A proposal is no reason to get married!! Nice write!

Oh dear, he might want to rethink the specifics of his proposal! She seemed willing to consider it until he got to the unsafe transportation part. Funny story, Crispina, and nice take on the prompt.

I thank you. As you know, I don’t really do flash fiction, so these creative challenges really are challenges. Though, confession, since I pick the photos, I do have an advantage. The photo for this coming Wednesday is already uploaded and scheduled. As is my contribution which will post the next day. But on this )next) occasion it was easy, for it was already in my head when I took the photo. Guess that’s cheating. But I’m a marathon-writer whereas most of the folks here are ace at short sprints.

Anything that gets words on the page is legit! I find that the short sprints are great practice for careful word choice. Now, if only I could effectively apply that to my marathon writing, hmm….

With me, it’s applied after the marathon. In the form of endless edits and revisions. Of course, that’s the same with flash fiction. Except flash fiction is shorter, and thus takes less long.